Monday, September 18, 2023

Q&A: Jamie Linn Saloff, Author of Hatch: A Change Your Life Guide #Q&A #Interview #Hatch @jamiesaloff

 

Jamie Linn Saloff is passionate about aiding fiercely independent, misfit, square pegs trapped in an unfulfilling life. Author, teacher, story weaver, spiritual counselor, seer of visions, pathfinder, for over thirty years Jamie’s taught how to reignite your heart by listening to your body groan and your soul weep. She is the author of twelve books including Hatch: A Change Your Life Guide and her Marvelous Messages™ series.

Author Links  

Website | Facebook | Facebook Author Page | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Amazon Profile

 


Why did you decide to write Hatch: A Change Your Life Guide? Did the inspiration come at a particular moment or had you been planning to write the book for a while?

When I was three, my mother scolded me for filling an entire scratch pad of paper with squiggly lines and loops. She asked me why I had ruined the tablet. I explained, “I am writing a book!” My brother tells me I also wrote on the floor with a crayon, which also displeased my mother, but she is the one who glued my first typed biography into my baby book, dated at age eight. I think I always knew I would be a writer, I just had to find my place. But it was much later in life when I decided to take my writing seriously. I struggled a lot with finding my place in life. I didn’t seem to fit into normal circles of friends. As I began to find my path, my life broke wide open. Amazing things began happening. I knew I wanted to share what I’d learned with others. I wanted them to know, no matter what you’ve been through—illness, trauma, grief, etc. These things make us who we are and guide us to who we were meant to be.

Did you have to do any research before writing this book or was it more self-guided knowledge on the subject? 

I want to say all the research was experimenting on myself. But in truth, I used my friends as guinea pigs. For a while, many years ago now, several of us would meet for lunch, then after, I would try out my exercises on them. They helped me prove my theories worked for others (not just me), and these experiments offered me valuable insights. 

What are some of the positive results or responses you have received since publishing your book? 

My favorite is a friend who read my book cover to cover and did every exercise. She decided her heart was calling her to learn to play the organ, so even though she was retired, she signed up. Taking lessons, she met a man who would become her second-time around husband. They lived many happy years together, until he passed away. She never realized that by following her heart to something as simple as playing the organ, she would find this lovely man and happy relationship. 

Another friend wanted to live in a warmer climate, but put off doing anything about it due to unfounded fears. I encouraged her to simply test the waters, explore some locations on the Internet, just take a single step forward. Next thing I knew she was living in the southwest. Just by taking that first step to explore the idea, propelled her into actually doing it. 

List three interesting facts about yourself.

My husband and I have been collecting 20th Century antiques for over forty-four years. You might say we were doing boho, eclectic decorating way before it was posh to do so. Even though we have decided to sell off the majority of our collection due to our getting older and my husband retiring, it’s like living in a museum and it’s a very interesting way to live.

Most people don’t know that for many years, my husband and I were fireworks shooters. We were the people who went to the location, set up to do the show, and fired off the shells for a town’s Fourth of July celebration (or the like). We’ve done them in many places including with the symphony in time to the music in Baltimore, MD.

I twirled baton in a corp of girls that traveled the world and won many state competitions. Our director wanted baton twirling to be a part of the Olympics and so her goal was to teach other girls around the globe how to twirl as well. I earned over sixty trophies and medals throughout my twirling days. Twirling helped me build confidence and leadership skills.

How can our readers reach out to you?

My new favorite saying is that I don’t live on the Internet. I have stopped trolling social media sites as if my life depended on it. The best place to find me is write me via my website www.MarvelousMessages.com or to simply email me at jamie@MarvelousMessages.com. I love hearing from readers and answer all that I can.

 

 

Title: Hatch: A Change Your Life Guide
Author: Jamie Saloff
Publisher: Sent Books
Publication Date: June 25, 2023
Pages: 384
Genre: Self-Help/Motivational, Religion/Spirituality, Personal Growth/Personal Transformation

goodreads add to

If you could, how would you change your life?

While bravely facing the motherlode of difficult life challenges, you never dreamt the result would be a soul-sucking, heart-crushing existence.    

Although you try to ignore the emptiness, detachment, and feeling that you don’t belong, you rarely make changes. It just seems too impossible for so many reasons. Instead, you silenced your heart’s nagging with self-sacrifice, food stuffing, or by becoming a workaholic.  

Contemplating ending her life, Jamie Saloff chose instead to hatch a new one. She knows how self-doubt and unworthiness can cloud our ability to move forward after the darkness of illness, grief, trauma, or tragedy – because she’s faced it too.    

In Hatch – A Change Your Life Guide, Saloff walks readers through her step-by-step method to:  

• Awaken your soul’s purpose by listening to your heart’s voice   

• Find confidence in your next forward step by hearing your body speak

•See messages of guidance everywhere by learning where to look    

• Uncover your future in your past by examining your ancestral heritage      

• And much, much more…  

“It’s a simple question “Do you wish you could change your life for the better” while the answer is an easy one – do you have any idea of how to accomplish the task? “Hatch – A Change Your Life Guide” gives you a systematic process that will take you on a journey of physical, emotional, and spiritual healing…I highly recommend this wonderful and enlightening book” – Yolanda Renee

Buy Links:

Amazon  | B&N | Kobo | BooksAMillion

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment