Sunday, March 9, 2014

Book Review: Four Seasons of Creative Writing: 1,000 Prompts to Stop Writer's Block

Title: Four Seasons of Creative Writing: 1,000 Prompts to Stop Writer's Block
Author: Bryan Cohen
Genre: Nonfiction
Publisher: Build Creative Writing Ideas
Pages:110
Format: eBook

I've got to say this book gets an A+ for cover design.  I really like it. Writing has been my life since the moment I discovered paper and crayons.  When I was allowed to finally use a pen, there was no  stopping me.  I usually was never without ideas but now?  Oh the brain is on overload.  Sometimes I'll go to write a blog post and I'll say, "What do I write about?"

That's where Four Seasons of Creative Writing is going to come in handy. It must have taken this author a whole year to put together this many writing prompts.  I loved it where he categorized them into sections.  Under "Science and Snacks" - Describe a trip through a local farmer's market to buy fresh vegetables and herbs for your family.  What did you enjoy about the market and why?  Why don't you enjoy and why didn't you like it?  Under "Science" - A particle of sand that you pick up from the beach could be from thousands of miles away. Imagine the journey of that single grain of sand. How do you think the sand ended up where you might be sitting during your summer vacation?  I love these prompts.  Anything that helps you think and is related to writing is AOK in my book and for this I am giving it 5 book trees.

I purchased this book for free on Amazon and received no compensation for this review.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment