Wednesday, July 16, 2014

In the Mailbox: In the Mirror by Kaira Rouda

I meant to blog about this when I first got it in, so doing so now.  This book is absolutely without a doubt terrific.  I'm only a third of the way in, but o.m.g.  I'll save the details for my review on August 29 but the thing about this book is that it drew me in on the get go.  I started reading another book before this and had to put it down to come back later because it just wasn't drawing me in.  I started In the Mirror while sitting on the beach under my umbrella.  It was the only time I knew I'd be able to read without feeling guilty I wasn't on the computer working.  You have Jennifer Benson talking about life as a cancer patient but the thing about this is that the writing is so freaking fantastic.  I'm serious.  So stay tuned for the review soon!

About the Book:

What choices would you make if you knew you might die soon?
From the multi award-winning, best-selling author of four books, including Here, Home, Hope, a
gripping and heart wrenching novel about a young mother who has it all. The only problem is she may be dying.

In her previous works including All the Difference, Rouda’s characters “sparkle with humor and heart,” and the stories are “told with honest insight and humor” (Booklist). “Inspirational and engaging” (ForeWord), these are the novels you’ll turn to for strong female characters and an “engaging read” (Kirkus).

In the Mirror is the story of Jennifer Benson, a woman who seems to have it all. Diagnosed with cancer, she enters an experimental treatment facility to tackle her disease the same way she tackled her life – head on. But while she’s busy fighting for a cure, running her business, planning a party, staying connected with her kids, and trying to keep her sanity, she ignores her own intuition and warnings from others and reignites an old relationship best left behind.

If you knew you might die, what choices would you make? How would it affect your marriage? How would you live each day? And how would you say no to the one who got away?

For More Information

No comments:

Post a Comment