Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Book Review: Hair of the Corn Dog by A.K. Turner #bookreviews

Title: Hair of the Corn Dog
Genre: Humor
Author: A.K. Turner
Publisher: Fever Streak Press
Pages: 220
Format: Hardcover/Kindle
Purchase at Amazon

I have always said I should write a book about my own dysfunctional family only no one would believe it.  When I picked up Hair of the Corn Dog by A.K. Turner, I knew I was going to be in for a night of belly-laughing.  I have a motto.  If you can't laugh at yourself, no one can, and A.K. had me in stitches the whole time I was reading about her own hilarious life which I could so relate to.

The book is divided into many stories about her family life and reading through these, well, I couldn't stop reading.  I wanted to keep reading to find out what was going to happen to them next.  Might I say I was thoroughly entertained at Turner's expense, lol.

My favorite part was when they swapped houses and left their home in Idaho to stay in New Jersey for a month.   Hi-larious.  They literally turned Jersey upside down.  Then when they get home, they discover the renters who had their house had a dog when she explicitly remembered she said no dogs.  As it turned out, there was a clause she had added that they could have a small pet and she could have smacked herself for not remembering it.  Haven't we all been there, done that?  But while they were there, it was one mishap after another and I had several laugh out loud moments and I'm still laughing about it thinking about it.

Turner does an excellent job at keeping our funny bone tickled. This is humor at its awesomness! I so loved this book and I know you will too so I give this five book trees!


No comments:

Post a Comment