Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Book Review: How to Sell Crafts Online by Monica Van Zandt

Title: How to Sell Crafts Online: The Little Handbook of Craft Selling for Beginners (Selling Crafts)
Author: Monica Van Zandt
Genre: Crafts
Publisher: Monica Van Zandt
Pages:34

Years ago, when I had lots of time to devote to crafts, I made little sachets covered in calico and filled with rose petals and other herbs and flowers from either my garden or the fields surrounding my countryside home.  This was way before the Internet.  While some entrepreneurs started mail order businesses, I opted to sell them by consignment in local shops.  Did I sell many?  Not really, but they were just so much fun to make that any money I would derive from something I loved was good enough for me.  But I think the real reason why I didn't sell many is because I really didn't know how to sell them other than have them in local shops which was about the only thing to do at the time other than starting your own mail order business.

Voila, along comes the Internet and now craft persons are rolling up their sleeves and selling their homemade goodies online with a vengeance.  Still, where do you start?

This is where How to Sell Crafts Online comes in handy.  While it's a short ebook, it's packed with great information like suggesting different things you can sell online plus where to sell it.  I'd heard of Etsy and eBay before, but hadn't heard of Artfire.  It even gives suggestions on how to stand out from all the others selling their wares.  Not a bad little book.

I gave this 3 1/2 book trees only because of its brevity. I purchased this book for free on Amazon and received no compensation for this review.

 My Rating: 3 1/2 Book Trees 

No comments:

Post a Comment