Q&A: Lindy S. Hudis, Author of Hollywood Underworld #Q&A #Interview #Hollywood Underworld

Lindy S. Hudis is an award winning filmmaker, author and actress. Lindy is a graduate of New York University, where she studied drama at Tisch School of the Arts. She also performed in a number of Off-Off Broadway theater productions while living in New York City.

She is the author of several titles, including her romance suspense novel, Weekends, her “Hollywood” story City of Toys, and her crime novel, Crashers. Her latest release, “Hollywood Underworld – A Hollywood Series” is the first installment of a crime, mystery series.

In addition, she has written several erotic short stories, including “The S&M Club”, “The Backstage Pass”, “Guitar God”, “The Guitarist”, and “The Mile High Club”.

Her short film “The Lesson”, which she wrote, produced and directed, has won numerous awards, including ‘Best Short Film’ at the Paris International Film Festival, The Beverly Hills Arthouse Film Festival and the San Fransisco International Film Festival.

She is also an actress, having appeared in the indie film Expressionism, the television daytime drama “Sunset Beach”, also “Married with Children” , “Beverly Hills 90210” and the feature film “Indecent Proposal” . She and her husband, Hollywood stuntman Stephen Hudis, have formed their own production company called Impact Motion Pictures, and have several projects and screenplays in development. She lives in California with her husband and two children.

Her latest book is the crime thriller, 

Website & Social Media:

Website/Blog ➜  https://lindyinparadise.wordpress.com/

Twitter ➜ https://twitter.com/Lindyscribe

Facebook ➜ https://www.facebook.com/LindyScribe/

Instagram ➜ https://www.instagram.com/lindys.hudis 

Goodreads ➜ https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6470478.Lindy_S_Hudis


Would you say it’s been a rocky road for you regarding getting your book written and published or pretty much smooth sailing?  Can you tell us about your journey?

It’s been both rocky and exciting. It’s been a long journey, that’s for sure. I started out as an actress, I attended New York University Tisch School of the Arts and studied Drama.  I thought of the Method acting approach, and that is how I write. I know it sounds funny, but I let the characters tell me the story. I am


“acting” when I bring my characters to life. They tell me what to do. As far as the subject matter goes, Hollywood is a very dramatic town. I moved to Los Angeles in the Spring of 1992 to pursue film and television work.  Back in the 90’s there was no social media or internet, so plenty of bizarre things would happen behind the scenes. I took inspiration from real life to create my story. My stories are very character driven, coming from an acting background helps me develop my characters, so I bond with my characters. I let them tell me what they want to do. They tell me the story.

When not writing, what do you like to do for relaxation and/or fun?

I do enjoy going to the beach, it’s a very spiritual place for me. I can relax and clear the cobwebs. I also love music. My husband is in a band and so is my son. My daughter takes bass lessons and is an aspiring country music performer, but she also wants to go to film school. I have a pretty artistic family. I also love to take my dog for a walk. Sometimes I just like to chill out with a good movie.I;m a huge movie lover, especially the old ones. My husband and I dream of getting our screenplays sold and make into films. Orson Welles once said that "Film in the most emotional medium in the history of the world" . However, I would like to add books and music to that as well.

What makes your book stand out from the rest?

My story is inspired by my life as an actress in Hollywood so it’s raw and gritty. When people think of Hollywood they think of glamour, beautiful movie stars and that kind of thing. My story takes the reader on a journey to that dark underbelly of that glittering world. It’s not for the faint of heart, but none of my stories are. If it were a film, it would be considered Film Noir. It’s about a courageous single mom and personal manager who gets help from a very handsome crime boss to find a missing actor client of hers.

Can you give us the very first page of your book so that we can get a glimpse inside?

The first page in a prologue. I hope it’s intriguing enough!

Los Angeles, California

Spring

“Kill her.” The irate and imposing male voice bellowed into the phone.

“Who?” The nervous - and not too bright - hitman swallowed hard and butted out his cigarette.

“Who do you think, moron?”

“Uhm…. I don’t….”

“Dani Foxx.”

“Oh, of course…Whatever you need, boss, I’m all over…”

“And I want it taken care of today, do you understand me?”

“I understand.”

“Don’t screw it up again, I want this problem solved.”

“Don’t worry, boss. The bitch is as good as dead.”

 “She better be!”

“I’m on it, boss.” He reached for his shoulder holster and checked his gun.

 “Then get on it. Now!” The angry boss slammed down the phone.

“Yes, boss.” The hitman pulled on his coat and dashed out of his North Hollywood apartment.

If your book was put in the holiday section of the store, what holiday would that be and why?

Valentine’s day, definitely. There is quite a bit of passion and romance in my story. Happy Valentine’s night!

Would you consider turning your book into a series or has that already been done?

I think it would make a great series and believe me, I’m working on it, lol. My husband and I have several screenplays that we have written. We have several different genres such as action, thriller, horror, drama and even comedy. We were very lucky as we entered our screenplay, CRASHERS (also my book) into the Sherman Oaks Screenplay Competition. The screenplay was an official selection and, although it didn’t win, we got great literary representation out of the contacts we made. CRASHERS is currently in development with Face 2 Face Productions, as our manager is also a producer. I am still very ambitious and have never given up on my Hollywood Dream

When you were young, did you ever see writing as a career or full-time profession?

I always loved to read and had so many fantasies about writing when I was working in Hollywood. In LA, you can literally walk down any street, approach a stranger, and ask “Hey, how is your screenplay coming?” and the stranger will literally go into their pitch!! I have done that! I grew up having always loved reading and have always had a huge book collection. I still do!  I remember very well back int school h having read all the Judy Blume books (one of my first inspirations to be a writer) then moving on to Stephen King, Jackie Collins and many others. One day, while pregnant with my daughter, I was sitting at home, alone, and bored so I decided to start writing. I just wrote pages and pages to have something to do. The next thing I knew, I have about two hundred pages! My Father-In-law is the Late, Great English writer Norman Hudis. I showed him my pages to get his professional opinion and he told me I “had potential”. That was enough for me to give writing a go! So, I just went for it, and I have never looked back.

What’s next on your to do list?

Write the sequel, Hollywood Boulevard. I’m working on that right now.

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/a/AVvXsEjGcI2YCLfayIpdUtdsDJorAjmy3zPFw9PtXkK0jNKMtdDkLYk3nghoasR0XRPJdWy5dFTYqXp6iGlhllu8OJVWmXHXBCq5ecdtmaS6vBZsPfXSeFrdo7Smf2mGRkF8oO1kAG6u2NZd5n98B6_E6guJmrXOGiufFWDIOh0LynJ2zkjqyrvWmMdMe8Ni_A=s557

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment