Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Q&A: Rev. Terry Allan Christian, Author of What Did Jesus Say: The Seven Messages From the Master #Q&A #Interview

Since dedicating his life to Jesus at the age of 23, Terry Allan Christian has been reading the red lettered version of the 4 Gospels as recorded in the KJV Bible. Even though Terry reads the whole Bible, his primary focus is on the words of Jesus and the example of His actions.

Terry grew up in a violent dysfunctional family where he quit school at 16 and left home. He stuttered so bad he could only say 3-5 words in a row. His family and friends mocked him and that caused much stress in his early life.

At the age of 23, he had a near death experience and in which he had a dream. In this dream, he was told that one day he would be a teacher for Jesus. Needless to say, he was scared at first because of his stuttering and lack of structured education however, he always had a child-like faith and trust in Jesus as Lord.

After the dream, he was soon hired by the Dale Carnegie Organization and trained in sales and public speaking, where he met a man who taught him how to visually read. During the next few years Terry read several hundred books on the subject of personal growth.

At the age of 30, Terry became a professional Motivational Speaker and Executive Trainer and over the next 20 years he would deliver more than 2,500 presentations to private and public audiences across America and Canada.

Several years ago, Terry retired as a public speaker after feeling the Holy Spirit redirecting his life. He was led to do what Jesus told him many years earlier. After researching the 4 Gospels he composed the book What Did Jesus Say: The Seven Messages from the Master, using only the Words spoken by Jesus as recorded in the 4 Gospels, without adding any personal comments or opinions.

As in all God called missions it took longer, cost more and challenged him to the edge of his faith. He would later say, he had to read the Book of Job just to understand why this was happening to him and was he being tested or penalized. In the end, he was being tested and by the grace of God, he prevailed.

Now after 12 years of study, obedience, difficulty and struggle, this book is now available in Paperback, eBook, Audio Book and Kindle.

Today, Author, Teacher and Counselor, Rev. Terry Christian is founder of Foundations for Life ‘Online’ Ministries and he presently lives Negril Jamaica where he does local missionary work in schools and churches while counseling Christians worldwide online thru his program Christian Helping Christians.

Negril, Jamaica is where Rev. Christian went to fast & pray while seeking divine healing for Bladder Cancer. His doctors gave him 3yrs to live so he created a healing sabbatical and after fasting & praying, and walking the beach for 21 days, he returned to his Doctors and they released him ‘cancer free’.

Terry calls this program: The Life Walk –aka- The Miracle Walk and now offers this ‘restoration’ program online or in Negril, for Christians seeking Life, Health or Marriage Restoration.

Rev. Christian believes: WITH GOD, all things are possible, all the time, wherever we live and at every given moment, when we pray, believing.

Website: WWW.WDJBOOK.COM

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RevTChristian

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/revchristian

Book Website: www.whatdidjesussay.world




Thanks for this interview, Terry Allan Christian. Would you say it’s been a rocky road for you in regards to getting your book written and published or pretty much smooth sailing?  Can you tell us about your journey?

I would say it was like ‘living’ the Book of Job. If I didn’t know of the story I would have given up however I knew God was allowing me to be tested and it appears, I’ve past the test because the book is now being released worldwide online in Paperback, eBook, Kindle and Audio Book formats. Amen to that too! 

To give you an idea about my journey. The day I got up to do what I thought was the last book edit, my dad had a stroke and died 30 days later. I then spent the next 3 years with my mother helping her before she died. I came from a violent dysfunctional family so I wasn’t able to visit my mother’s home for 18 years before my dad died. He was a very manipulative man.

After my mother died, and I was about to finish my book, I was diagnosed with a severe case of bladder cancer and given 3 years to live. My book is now on hold and I traveled to Negril Jamaica where I created a 21 Day Sabbatical called the Life Walk –aka- The Miracle Walk and I walked over 100 miles up and down the 7 mile Beach while praying & fasting and reading ‘everything’ Jesus said in the 4 Gospels about healing. I then returned to my doctors and they released me cancer free. I would later write a blog story about the experience and here’s the link: http://bit.ly/1WPQBHi 

Once the book was printed and all things looked good, I had to have emergency throat surgery and it took away my natural smile and kept me from talking publicly for 3 years. I was struggling financially and my friends and family distanced themselves from me like they did to Job but I never took it personally. I knew God knew, and that was good enough for me.

In the end, today, I’m 71, feel 51 and living my dream while helping people worldwide online. God is Good, especially to the obedient.  

When not writing, what do you like to do for relaxation and/or fun?

Personally, I like to walk the beach, meet people and catch as many sunrises and sunsets as possible. 

What makes your book stand out from the rest?

It’s the only book available that presents Seven Messages containing over 500 Scriptures spoken only by Jesus to those who loved and followed Him and there’s no added comments or opinions from me. Just the pure Words from Jesus so it deeply impacts the reader unlike any other book about Jesus. It’s in full color, easy read, with big print and at the bottom of each page is the scripture location in the Bible for more reading. 

Can you give us the very first page of your book so that we can get a glimpse inside?

Message #1- The Christ: (Opening) I AM the Christ, I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. / Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and my burden is light. 

If your book was put in the holiday section of the store, what holiday would that be and why?

It would be in both the Christmas and Easter section because its all about what Jesus Said and as we know, Jesus spoke for God as His Son.  

Would you consider turning your book into a series or has that already been done?

Yes. I believe, What Did Jesus Say: The Seven Messages from the Master, would make a great 7 segment series on TV or Podcast. 

When you were young, did you ever see writing as a career or full-time profession?

I dropped out of school at 16 and left my violently dysfunctional home, I never imagined anything for my life as I was a stutterer too and couldn’t talk. After my experience with Jesus at age 23, I would read over 500 books on personal development and become a Professional Motivational Speaker giving over 2,500 speeches throughout the USA and Canada before being called away to compose this special book: What Did Jesus Say: 

What’s next for you?

I’m preparing to launch a Podcast called Walking with the Master. It’s also the name of my next book outlining my 48 year walk with Jesus. And, God willing, I expect the Podcast to be live by September and my book to be available online, before Christmas. 


What Did Jesus Say: The Seven Messages From The Master

Terry Allan Christian

Divine Publication

157 pp.

Christian/Gospel

Imagine you’re walking down the beach, and you come across a crowd waiting for Jesus to appear and teach them. What would he say? Would he talk about current religious and political conflicts, or would he speak about Love, Light, and Truth? Join us as we go for a walk with Jesus, and listen to his words as he shares with us the Seven Messages from the Master. Each spiritual message reveals His teachings that will strengthen and guide you to a most peaceful life in Christ.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/404q0fA 

Audible: https://www.audible.com/search?searchNarrator=Terry+Allan+Christian 

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/13827563 

YouTube: https://bit.ly/3KseiWj

 

 


 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment