Thursday, April 25, 2019

#BlogTour Interview with Kevin C. Alston, Author of The 'Real' American Diet


Born & raised in the small town of Mullins, SC, by God-fearing parents who instilled religion into his life at an early age, he's had an insatiable appetite for knowledge since birth. God blessed him with a keen, analytical mind, & an almost feverish desire to help others. He is a U.S. Air Force veteran, married to the love of his life, with five wonderful kids, & a deep passion that still burns within him to help the less fortunate, through whatever means necessary.  The correlation between what we eat & the epidemic-like rise in diseases of today has the author on an impassioned mission to get to the bottom of what he thinks is a big conspiracy by our government & Big Business.



His latest book is The ‘Real’ American Diet.







About the Book:


This book is a culmination of the author's life, but mainly the past 10 years, where personal tragedies have led him to discover more about the correlation with food, nutrition & the diseases of today, &  
how it affects us all.

This program is an experiment of sorts, with the author using himself as the guinea pig, with positive results having been discovered, & hopefully, in time, even bigger positive results yet to come. 

Between our government & Big Business, we, the people, are already involved in an experiment.  It's like a big laboratory.  With all of the harmful toxins that are allowed in our air, food, &  water, diseases are at epidemic-like levels, & the author, for one, would like to know if there is more to this than is being told to us. It speaks volumes when other nations refuse to accept grains & meats from us, or at least it does to the author. 

Most of the ailments we suffer from today emanate from our guts, & our poor diets keep the sickness-wheels turning, costing each of us millions of dollars, a whole lot of heartache, pain, & suffering.  It's time to make a change, & that change started with the author's experiment on himself.

ORDER YOUR COPY:

Amazon


Would you say it’s been a rocky road for you in regards to getting your book written and published or pretty much smooth sailing?  Can you tell us about your journey?
Getting my book published was probably the easy part, albeit a little expensive, but getting that book out to the mainstream public has been the hardest part, for me. Like I reference in my book, I give God all the credit for creating this book. So, instead of forking out a lot more money to market the book, I decided to be patient, & allow God to connect me with the 'right' vehicle for getting the marketing done. I believe he has done just that. From the time that I ultimately decided that I was going to go ahead & do this, I knew that this was going to be quite a journey, mainly because I had no clue as to how to do all of it, from writing it, to getting it published, to marketing it. I've been practicing what I preach because I used myself as the guinea pig, per se. It's been almost 5 years that I have now been getting 'Real' with my diet, & I can honestly say that I don't skip a day in not doing it. The 'it' I refer to is the ritual. That's what I call it. The routine. I routinely do the very same routine every day, & I honestly believe that it is a major reason why I'm as healthy as I am today. No high blood pressure, no high cholesterol, no issues at all to speak of, & I'm 56 years young! My wife has even started to emulate my routine, somewhat. She isn't doing it exactly, but she is definitely following my lead. 

If you were to pen your own autobiography, what might the title be?
My autobiography would be titled,  Analytical Musings in a Lab Rat Society

When not writing, what do you like to do for relaxation and/or fun?
 When I'm not writing, I love to bowl. I love to watch all sports. I'm too old to participate in most, but I'm a sports enthusiast, to the max
What makes your book stand out from the rest?
What makes my book stand apart from the rest is that it is all natural, & very sustainable. No special potions, & it is to be 'lived' ( done daily as any other routine ). The process of cleaning your body out won't happen overnight, but it will happen, if you put your mind to it. And sustaining it means that it won't cost you an arm-an-a-leg to continue doing it. The thing is about a lot of your diets today, you've got to continuously purchase the special meals, or potions, or other elixirs, & a lot of folks nowadays just don't have the extra cash to keep up. With my diet, you purchase the knowledge, which costs less than $10 per month to continuously utilize. So there is a big difference, when you get down to the nuts-n-bolts of it. And I'm living proof that it works.

Can you give us the very first page of your book so that we can get a glimpse inside?

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have
given you every herb bearing seed, which [is]
upon the face of all the earth, and every tree,
in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed;
to you it shall be for meat.

IF YOU’VE BEEN dieting forever with very mixed
results, then you’ve finally come to the right place. These
lifestyle changes that I am recommending will be like no
diet that you have ever attempted, so if you combine what
I’m about to teach you with the proven methods that Dr.
Joel Fuhrman teaches you in his books—Eat to Live is the
best one to start off with—you will be well on your way to
attaining your goal of losing the dreaded weight that you
have been desperately seeking to get rid of for so long.
I must admit to you that although this will not be easy,
mainly because there are habits that first must be broken,
it is obtainable if you’ve got a little willpower. If you give it
your all, you will achieve what you’ve been seeking. And in
the end, you will be glad that you did because you will find
yourself living a healthier, major disease-reduced lifestyle
as well.

If your book was put in the holiday section of the store, what holiday would that be and why? 

If my book was put in the holiday section of the store, I believe that Easter would be the appropriate spot. Jesus died on the cross for all of us. That was the ultimate sacrifice. Sacrifice a moment of your time to check out what I've come up with to combat all diseases, & you just may be pleasantly surprised by my analytics. I wrote it to help everyone. My sacrifice for my people. Besides, I reference the bible throughout my book.

Would you consider turning your book into a series or has that already been done?
I would consider it. I've even thought about it. So yes. That would be great if at all possible.
When you were young, did you ever see writing as a career or full-time profession?
The guy who played all sports, & played them well. No. I definitely didn't see writing as a career. But I was always good in English class. I have pretty good penmanship as well, so, I wouldn't say that I  didn't consider it in some form or fashion as a teenager.


Did any of your books get rejected by publishers?
No, my books haven't been rejected. This is my first, & there's quite a buzz going on about it.
What is your view on co-authoring books; have you done any?
I have never co-authored a book, but a friend of mine has, so, I wouldn't say that I wouldn't ever do it. I would probably be flattered more than anything.
What’s next for you?
I have 3 more years to retire from Chrysler, so you never know. I definitely want to get a business up-and-going that I don't personally have to run, but that will benefit my family & I during our retirement years. A supplement.

No comments:

Post a Comment