Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Interview with Owen Sypher, author of The Song of Solomon

Owen L. Sypher is a devoted servant of the Lord. At eleven years old, he started a spiritual journey to discover and understand God and his word.
In 1979, he received the baptism of the Holy Ghost. Since then, he has had fellowships with the same group. Song of Solomon is his first book.
You can visit his website at http://www.sypherbooks.com.   
What’s inside the mind of a Bible book author?
My mind is full of a love of the word of God.  I like to meditate and think about God’s word most of the day.  I like to try and see how does the word of God work in my life.
What is so great about being an author?
People is impressed when you say you are an author, that is nice but the greatest thing is knowing that what I wrote can potentially help a lot of people get a closer walk with the Lord.
When do you hate it?
When I am tired and have writer’s block, and when I have a self imposed deadline or goal to reach.
What is a regular writing day like for you?
When I am thinking about a verse, I take the verse and just think about that one verse or setting from morning to night, sometimes for a few days and just let the Lord stir up scriptures. I try to always have a pen and paper with me so that when an idea comes I can write it down even if I discard the idea later.  If I don’t write it down I tend to forget the idea. Then I transfer it to my rough draft that I am doing which I go over  several times later on in the process.
How do you handle negative reviews?
I realize not everyone is going to like my books, I look at the star rating and read what they have to say about it. I try to see if there is anything positive said about my book and dwell on that. The negative part I try to use to see if I could have improve my book anyway, or my writing style so when I write another book it will be better.
How do you handle positive reviews?
I get real excited about positive reviews, they are like a pat on the back for a job well done.      
What is the usual response when you tell a new acquaintance that you’re an author?
First response is usually surprise, you wrote a book? And then it gives me an opportunity to discuss my book with them, and to explain the wonderful things that are found in the word of God.
What do you do on those days you don’t feel like writing? Do you force it or take a break?
I usually take a break from writing, sometimes I waste my time playing a game on the computer.  I had to force myself to write at the end because I had my own deadline of when I wanted the book done and published by, but this was in the finishing process.
What would you do if people around you didn’t take your writing seriously or see it as a hobby?
It is ok if they don’t take it seriously; I had to do it because it is what I felt like God wanted me to do.  I did not get much encouragement or discouragement while writing my book people were just neutral on it until after it was written.
Some authors seem to have a love-hate relationship to writing. Can you relate?
Yes I can the most beautiful thing about writing this book is that I feel like I have imparted some words of wisdom to this world that will help people.
The worst part about writing is that it can be very time consuming especially if you have a full time job also.
Do you think success as an author must be linked to money?
No the true success is if you impart something of value into your readers lives to where they can improve or have a better life.  Money is just a small part of the equation.
What has writing taught you?
The most important thing it has taught me is that I can start a long term project and finish it.  This is important to me on a personal level; I grew out of writing this book.
It also taught me that I do have knowledge that I can pass on to future generations in the form of this book. Also that people wanted to hear what I had to say.
Leave us with some words of wisdom.
That is a tall order to leave words of wisdom, but I will try.
Write about things you are passionate about, and describe it in your own way. Speak from the heart.  Do your homework so you can be more detailed about what you are writing about.
Enjoy the process it will have it’s ups and downs but stay focus on your goal of finishing.
I have enjoyed writing this book.
God Bless
About the Book:
Title: THE SONG OF SOLOMON REVEALED
Author: Owen Sypher
Publisher: Litfire Publishing, LLC
Pages: 308
Genre: Religion/Bible Studies

BOOK BLURB:
The book of Song of Solomon is a spiritual book full of allegories or pictures where God used the natural to show the spiritual. By using the keys of understanding found in the Bible the author has unlock the hidden meaning of the book of Song of Solomon.
The book of Song of Solomon is about the love that Jesus has for his bride. When looked at from this angle a lot of the verses makes more sense.

ORDER YOUR COPY:

Amazon * Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment