Friday, February 10, 2017

Book Review: Your Body, Your Style: Simple Tips On Dressing To Flatter by Rani St. Pucchi


Title: Your Body, Your Style: Simple Tips On Dressing To Flatter
Author: Rani St. Pucchi
Publisher: Koehler Books
Pages: 150
Genre: Nonfiction

Rani St. Pucchi, a trend-setting designer whose designs have been recognized in Entertainment Tonight, Harper’s Bazaar, WWD, Town and Country, Bride’s, Cosmopolitan Bride, Martha Stewart Weddings and The Knot, can help define the style that flatters you most no matter what age or stage of life you are in or what your body type is.

Women from all over the world have clamored to have a private consultation with Rani so they may benefit from her expertise and regain their self-confidence and shine.

In Your Body, Your Style, Rani shares with you her knowledge of the female form and guides you to find simple solutions to your most pressing body concerns. The focus is on you — and how you can make yourself more confident and appealing in almost every situation — simply by making a few changes and different choices in planning your wardrobe.  

Once you embrace your unique attributes and dissolve your bad relationship with your body, you’ll be amazed to find how irresistible you are to others!

This simple and friendly guide reveals:

What clothes and silhouettes are best for your specific body type
Simple techniques to determine which colors flatter you most
Solutions to common lingerie issues and the importance of fit
The one dress that is a chameleon, and how to transform it into different looks
How to travel stress free by planning your wardrobe well
101 styling secrets, professional tricks and fashion tips

RANI ST. PUCCHI  is an award-winning fashion designer, an author and relationship expert. She is a regular contributor to The Huffington Post.

PURCHASING LINKS:

AMAZON   *   B&N
My Review: 

Before I begin my review, I must give a thumbs up or two to the beautiful illustrations in this book.  Now for the review...

Your Body, Your Style: Simple Tips on Dressing to Flatter starts out by giving a glimpse inside the author's life and the reasons why she got into dress design.  I thoroughly love finding out how people got to where they are. Rani explains that the purpose of writing her book was to guide people through simple techniques and gives suggestions on how to look at your body to see what you can make better.  It's a very encouraging book.

I wanted to review this book because I'm all into fashion.  But, I'm tired of nothing looking right and have often thought about designing my own clothes but a sewing girl I'm not.  I especially loved it when Rani says, "Imperfection is beautiful."  That's me - imperfection all the way.

I really found this a very informational book that would guide me into realizing that there are ways to build your wardrobe to flatter you no matter what your body type.  And I learned I am an apple (size wise) and I loved it that she could help me by drawing attention AWAY from my ever-expanding waist (hey I've had kids what do you expect?).  Ha.  This and more makes for very good reading if you're like me and feel you have nothing to wear.

I enjoyed reading this book and would give it 5 book trees!

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment