Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Character Interview with Baldebert, star of The Bone Cave by Sarah Remy

the-bone-cave-banner

Inside the Book:

 the-bone-cave
Title: The Bone Cave
Author: Sarah Remy
Publisher: Harper Voyager Impulse
Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Format: Ecopy /Paperback

Past Stonehill Downs, beyond unforgiving scrubland and perilous mountain peaks, militant tribes gather on white sand . . .

With the Red Worm plague vanquished, and Malachi and Liam safely returned from Roue, Avani expects life in Wilhaiim to return to normal. But Mal has been changed by his journey across the long sea, and now walks dangerously close to the edge of madness, while the horrors of war in a foreign land have transformed Liam from a naïve lad to a young man seeking his place as sidhe among mortals.

And the plague has left chaos in its wake: Wilhaiim’s priests are rising against King Renault, a serial killer is taking vengeance on His Majesty's unwary subjects, and someone is using forbidden bone magic to kindle the Automata—mechanized monsters born of ancient necromancy.

As Avani works to contain unrest and expose a murderer, she is unaware that a far greater threat is rolling in from the east: a bloodthirsty desert army intent on destruction. Magic will be tested and friendship tried as Avani and Mal battle new peril and old temptation in this stunning follow up to Across the Long Sea.

   amazon

Thank you so for this interview, Baldebert. Now that the book has been written, do you feel you were fairly portrayed or would you like to set anything straight with your readers?
It's a fair portrayal of how I was treated, I'll give Sarah that much. I'm not a popular fellow, not since I stole away their magus. But I returned him in one piece, didn't I? Mostly in one piece. Malachi Doyle was mad to begin with, if you ask me.
What do you believe is your strongest trait?
Only one? I'm quick, I'm sturdy, and I'm clever. I'm a decorated ship's admiral, I know how to win a land war, and I make a fine cup of tea.
Worst trait?
Modesty.
Do you have a love interest in the book?
Nay. I'm a busy man with little time for romance. Which isn't to say I don't vision Whore's Street on occasion. But that's got nothing to do with love, has it?
At what point of the book did you start getting nervous about the way it was going to turn out?
To be honest, from the very beginning, when the good people of Wilhaiim began calling for my death.
If you could trade places with one of the other characters in the book, which character would you really not want to be and why?
That bloody black raven seems to have his stars aligned. Always conjuring up trouble, isn't he, but never catching any of his own? I wouldn't mind Jacob's lot in life. I think flying must be a little like sailing the ocean, don't you think?
How do you feel about the ending of the book without giving too much away?
I'm not one of the ones that get murdered, so I can't complain. Is that a spoiler?
What words of wisdom would you give your author if she decided to write another book with you in it?
She is writing another, and in it she's sending me to war in the desert, so I'd appreciate a few good soldiers to walk beside me. Also, I despise being parched, so mayhap an occasional surprise desert downpour. I think there's wisdom in survival, after all.
Thank you for this interview. 
My pleasure, I'm sure.


MEET THE AUTHOR

In 1994 Sarah Remy earned a BA in English Literature and Creative Writing from Pomona College in California. Since then she’s been employed as a receptionist at a high-powered brokerage firm, managed a boutique bookstore, read television scripts for a small production company, and, more recently, worked playground duty at the local elementary school. When she’s not taking the service industry by storm, she’s writing fantasy and science fiction. Sarah likes her fantasy worlds gritty, her characters diverse and fallible, and she doesn’t believe every protagonist deserves a happy ending. Before joining the Harper Voyager family, she published with EDGE, Reuts, and Madison Place Press. Sarah lives in Washington State with plenty of animals and people, both. In her limited spare time she rides horses, rehabs her old home, and supervises a chaotic household. She can talk to you endlessly about Sherlock Holmes, World of Warcraft, and backyard chicken husbandry, and she’s been a member of one of Robin Hobb’s longest-running online fan clubs since 2002. Find Sarah on Twitter @sarahremywrites, and on Tumblr at huntpeck.

For More Information

Visit Sarah’s website. Connect with Sarah Social-Network-Twitter    

No comments:

Post a Comment