Tuesday, October 4, 2016

A Bookish Conversation with Michael Phillip Cash, author of 'The Battle for Darracia'



Michael Phillip Cash is an award-winning and best-selling novelist of horror, paranormal, and science fiction novels.  He's written ten books including the best-selling “Brood X”, “Stillwell”, “The Flip”, “The After House”, “The Hanging Tree”, “Witches Protection Program”, “Pokergeist”, "Monsterland", "The History Major", and “The Battle for Darracia” series. Michael’s books are on the Amazon best-seller list and have also won numerous awards. Additionally, he is a screenwriter with 14 specs under his belt. Michael resides on the North Shore of Long Island.

For More Information

Thanks for this interview, Michael.  Can we begin by having you tell us about yourself from a writer’s standpoint?
           
All my books begin as screenplays. I have to beat out every character arc and create a roadmap for all my characters. After I finish the screenplay I then flesh out the story into a full novel. I also eat bacon and eggs every day.

When not writing, what do you like to do for relaxation and/or fun?
           
I love spending time with my wife and kids. We generally go to the movies, swim, take road trips, and watch Apple TV. I also love to cook zero carb meals for them.

Congratulations on your new book! Can you give us the very first page of your book so that we can get a glimpse inside?

Would you say it’s been a rocky road for you in regards to getting your book written and published or pretty much smooth sailing?  Can you tell us about your journey?
           
I never had an issue when writing. I have a great team behind me that promotes my books on the internet so they are a huge help in alleviating that portion of the business.

If you had to summarize your book in one sentence, what would that be?
           
A coming of age story of any young person who doesn’t quite fit in and must find their place in their world.
           
What makes your book stand out from the rest?
           
It’s unique and it stretches genders and identities taking them to new understandings. It has adventure, politics and a dash of romance.

If your book was put in the holiday section of the store, what holiday would that be and why?
           
Science Fiction Day, because it stretches the imagination and you get to dress up in a neat outfit.

Would you consider turning your book into a series or has that already been done?
           
Already a series.

What’s next for you?
           
I’m working on a sequel to my best-selling Witches Protection Program.

About the Book:

The Battle for Darracia Books I, II, and III, are now combined into one epic novel! On the planet Darracia, an ever-widening social gap between its inhabitants is causing turmoil that is fracturing a once peaceful world. Struggling with his identity, nineteen year old Prince V'sair must harness the power of the elusive Fireblade, the secret to a warrior's heart, in order to overcome his uncle Staf Nuen's lust for supremacy. Will the energy of the Elements guide the young prince to his true destiny or will Staf Nuen conquer Darracia?

For More Information

  • The Battle for Darracia: Books I - II - III is available at Amazon
  • Pick up your copy at Barnes & Noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment