Friday, September 16, 2016

Interview with Lindon J. King, author of 'What's In Your Barn?'



Lindon J. King was born in Jamaica West Indies and migrated to Toronto Canada in 1992. Lindon is a former student of Fair Prospect Primary and Secondary Schools and Prospect College in Jamaica and a former student of Ryerson University in Toronto Canada. Lindon is the author of "The Wounds Have Healed. ...The Scars Are Bleeding" which was published in 2009.
Lindon’s latest book is What’s In Your Barn?

Thanks for this interview, Lindon.  Can we begin by having you tell us about yourself from a writer’s standpoint?

Thank you for this opportunity. As a writer, I like to bring my readers face to face with reality. We are constantly bombarded with issues and events that if we are not careful will cause us to lose hope, so
writing is my way of reminding others to be focused on the positive things.

When not writing, what do you like to do for relaxation and/or fun?

Taking long scenic walks, sitting down with family and friends and talking about  memorable events. Spending time with the kids and talk about when they were growing up are moments I cherish most. For fun, I enjoy traveling, meeting interesting people and doing new things. When time permits, I like to visit new places, explore different cuisine and get to know more about other cultural rituals.

Congratulations on your new book! Can you give us the very first page of your book so that we can get a glimpse inside? (Just the first page please)

I will be more than happy to do so. This is the Preface.

Entrenched in our society is an arguable understanding that socioeconomic attributes determine our intrinsic value or the lack thereof. It should therefore be understood that we are also validated by our abilities and resilience in addressing and dealing with the unexpected intermissions and interruptions that come with this incomparable package called life.

Though it has been said that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, we must all come to the understanding that there is beauty and a God-given value in each of us, even if the beholder fails to see it, or fails to admit that this is so. 
Regardless of the value we may place on ourselves, or that has been placed on us by others, our true worth will be determined by the test of time. It is therefore our responsibility to demonstrate our true value and to understand that the path of life will take us all from the cradle to the grave. 

This path is for everyone, young and old, but it can be transformed by the will and desire of our hearts. We can use our time to do our fellow humans a good deed or we can choose to do them wrong … this choice is ours.
What’s in your barn? Only time will tell.  

Would you say it’s been a rocky road for you in regards to getting your book written and published or pretty much smooth sailing?  Can you tell us about your journey?

Of my two books, I must say this journey was smooth sailing. Writing this book has truly rejuvenated my spirit, it makes me reflect on the reasons why we are here. The world is still a good place with lots of good people and we need to be reminded of who we are. The publishing phase was awesome, I could not ask for anything more, I am glad I choose KDP and Create Space for this leg of the journey.

If you had to summarize your book in one sentence, what would that be?

This book brings readers face to face with reality and reminds all to treat others as we would like to be treated.

What makes your book stand out from the rest?

My book, What’s In Your Barn? …Only Time Will Tell is more than just a book. it serves to explore and find meaningful answers to the things we say and do that often times are taken for granted. This book will help readers who are willing to invest the time to read and reflect to find answers within by identifying their values and true worth.

If your book was put in the holiday section of the store, what holiday would that be and why?

I like this question! I had never thought about linking this book to any kind of events, it is just a daily read it applies to every segment of our lives but if I should think of a holiday section of a store there are two that come to mind, Easter and Thanksgiving. …You just got me sitting up in my chair, …WOW!

These are the holidays when we reflect most on the meaning of True Love.

Would you consider turning your book into a series or has that already been done?

Great question. I did not have it in mind of turning my book into series, but I am considering ways of developing certain chapters into parts of movies. I am convinced that from one of my favorite subtitles, The Lender’s Slave has the potential to become a great movie.

What’s next for you?

My next project is to complete my third book by the end of 2017. I am also working on a social media subscription site geared at bringing back Jamaican childhood memories. The title of my third book is Nothing But The Truth and the social media blog is Jamaicacaana which can be found on YouTube or by searching the name on Google.

It was a pleasure doing this interview. I enjoyed responding to your questions.
Thank you for taking the time to know me better and for having me.

No comments:

Post a Comment