Monday, June 20, 2016

Interview with Alexander King, author of 'Tours and Cures of a Lightsoldier'



In 1995 Alexander King encountered ‘spiritual healing’ whilst studying medicine and now resides in London, England working as a healer and masseur helping people to better health, healing and ‘enlightenment’ in a realistic manner. To date (2015) Alexander has treated well over 1500 clients, and his work has featured in several publications including the Sunday Telegraph. In this book he aims to make his discoveries about Energies and complementary healing tools as transparent and transformative as possible in order to support others who are seriously considering their wellbeing and/or are negating the growing minefield of ‘alternative’ remedies. Alexander enjoys good health and an active social life despite the many challenges he has faced and surmounted.

His latest book is the self-help/self-discovery/spirituality book, Tours and Cures of a Lightsoldier: Surviving the Path to Enlightenment.
For More Information
About the Book:

Tours and Cures of a Lightsoldier is a revolution in the Self-help book world. It shakes up the status-quo, by questioning and uncovering the illogical, cold-hearted or incomplete in spiritual teachings. But Alexander King then attempts to find understandings which allow for the Divine and the basis of Life to be truly loving and intelligent again. Perhaps to keep ascending on the spiritual path one has to keep evolving ones self-help literature as well? Tours and Cures of a Lightsoldier
does not just stand still, and repackages existing esoteric teachings – it is moves forward with brutal honesty, but thorough positivity!
Tours and Cures of a Lightsoldier tells the true story of one person’s incredible quest for self-discovery, and the answers to why we are here and what exactly we should be doing with our lives. From an inquisitive childhood, full of promise and expectation, we follow Alexander down a much murkier path to the all consuming world of a modern day cult. And then a battle for identity ensues…
Initially Alexander King, studying for a medical degree at the time, did just want to learn about Spiritual Healing, but the Teacher/Guru he found turned out to be the manipulative and sociopathic kind. A great battle for survival, to de-mask the Guru, and ultimately to de-program himself again ensued.
From this baptism with fire a stronger, more grounded Alexander emerged. All was not all well yet though, as after the cult, a few years of Chronic Fatigue followed. They gave Alexander the chance though to really test all sorts of spiritual tools and teachings on himself, to see which could actually stand up to the often so high flying promises they come with. In recent years Alexander King has worked as a full time masseur and healer and, through his dealings with many different clients, has learned even more about energies, and how they appear to work on this planet. In his practice Alexander King endeavours to help his clients to better health, healing and ‘enlightenment’ in a realistic manner.
Tours and Cures of a Lightsoldier starts as a personals story but finishes as a most unique and encompassing encyclopedia of esoteric practices and teachings.

Book Praise:

This is a fascinating book because we get inside the thoughts of the author, who is himself a healer. It is a kind of journey we travel with him, as we learn how he arrived at where he is now, all the pitfalls and all the logical thinking processes ( yes, this author reasons with logic - his early training was in medicine). We are taken thorough all the weighing up of facts and possibilities, and the battles. It is a very frank, honest, and for a book of this kind of topic - strangely realistic. The author avoids merely restating in repackaged form material which is covered in other books. What we get instead is his own unique insights and perspective, and his own application of methods. Reading this book has led me to modify my own practices, and to substantially reconsider some of my own views.

There is much to be applauded in this book, from the courage it takes to follow your dream, to the bravery of standing up to those who seek to destroy it and to then speak up about the great untruths that still exist in this world, masquerading as fact. Take encouragement and guidance from this book and live your truth today!
Barbara Meklejohn-Free, author of the bestseller The Shaman Within  (Moon Books)

For More Information

  • Tours and Cures of a Lightsoldier is available at Amazon.
  • Pick up your copy at Barnes & Noble.
  • Discuss this book at PUYB Virtual Book Club at Goodreads.

Thanks for this interview, Alexander.  Can we begin by having you tell us about yourself from a writer’s standpoint?

Hi there, thank you for having me! I will be talking about Tours and Cures of a Lightsoldier; Surviving the Path to Enlightenment, which is my first venture into publishing. As you can tell from the title I write about spiritual and esoteric matters. I have been on a conscious spiritual journey for nearly 20 years now. Things have not always been smooth sailing, initially e.g., trying to find someone to teach me how to become a Spiritual Healer, I ended up in a cult, and for some years after that I suffered from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Those times weren’t the most happy, but they taught me to think independently, and test many spiritual teaching and tools, whether they were indeed as helpful and healing as they proclaimed. Over the years I encountered many esoteric teachings which seem incomplete, confused or even wrong, and potentially damaging. It took me some time to find my own way, tools and understandings, as well as the confidence to stand behind them. Furthermore I changed my career some years ago, to work full time as a Spiritual Healer and Masseur. One-on-one client work helped me understand ever more about energies, how they seem to operate on our planet, and how we should approach healing the ones on the negative end of the energies spectrum. I decided that a book like Tours and Cures of a Lightsoldier; Surviving the Path to Enlightenment , free thinking, and out of the box would be a worthy addition to esoteric book market. Something fresh, new and different!

When not writing, what do you like to do for relaxation and/or fun?

Meeting with friends, occasionally going out for a bit of a boogie on the social side. When in need of regenerating myself and my energies, I meditate, hit the gym, read and watch TV.

Congratulations on your new book! Can you give us the very first page of your book so that we can get a glimpse inside? 

Conscription
My early years weren’t extraordinary, but I mention them simply
because some believe they are critical in forming the emerging
adult. However, I believe that any part of our life is just ‘a part’ of
the whole experience. If a part is testing, it is best to learn
potential lessons, forgive and move on.
I was made in Rome and born prematurely into a middle class
family in Germany in 1971, slotting between two sisters: one
three years older, the other nine years younger. My German
father worked as a psychologist while my Croatian mother kept
the home front in order. Though my father didn’t say he loved us
every day, or play with us every chance he’d get – I love him for
always providing well for us. His love is demonstrated in actions
rather than words. He has always been very reliable and helped
me immensely by exercising my scientific brain, always trying to
explain with reason and scientific thinking when any of us would
come home with some idealistic, harebrained idea. He’d keep us
grounded. Mum is more emotional. She would be responsible for
cuddles, mending scraped knees and always having an open ear
and heart for any problems we might face. She had her hands full
with me being born with severe strabismus and knock-knees.
During the first years of my life she ran me patiently and lovingly
to doctors and therapists.
Other than that I was low maintenance. My mum just had to
give me a toy car and I’d happily play by myself for hours. At
school I was self-motivated, loved learning, and even if not at the
top of the class always did well with very little parental supervision.
My strabismus was mended, but never to the point of me
gaining three-dimensional vision. I didn’t miss it (never having
known any different), but it did impair my abilities in any kind…

Would you say it’s been a rocky road for you in regards to getting your book written and published or pretty much smooth sailing?  Can you tell us about your journey?

I knew I wanted to write Tours and Cures of a Lightsoldier; Surviving the Path to Enlightenment for a few years before commencing, but it took a while I and the energies were ready for it. Initially I was still lacking a few last pieces of the puzzle that is life, and even when I had found those, something was still blocking me. One day I decided to just buy a Dictaphone though. Whenever I had a thought I wanted to preserve, I’d speak it into the Dictaphone. This materializing my thoughts in some way, seems to have helped getting rid of the last few resistances trying to stop me from sitting down and writing, i.e. a few weeks later I managed just that. From then on things flowed more or less. I’d make sure that I took 2 consecutive days off each week to write and after about 2 years a first draft was finished. I loved writing it, but don’t get me wrong, probably like most books, it was a painful process at times too. At times it was like swimming against a powerful stream, with none but a piece of flimsy flotsam to hold onto. And not every week I was all eager to jump back into the cold water for another swim. Especially spiritual writing from the heart is therapeutic as well though. It has helped me sort and clarify my thoughts and believes, so I am very happy for having written Tours and Cures of a Lightsoldier; Surviving the Path to Enlightenment for that reason alone!

If you had to summarize your book in one sentence, what would that be? 

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Spirituality* (*But Were Afraid to Ask)

What makes your book stand out from the rest?

Tours and Cures of a Lightsoldier; Surviving the Path to Enlightenment is different by not telling you what to believe, but rather by helping you to think for yourself. I believe we are all individualized divine Spirit. Everyone has access to divine truth and wisdom inside of themselves. If it is always easy to get a clear connection is another issue. Spiritual teachers can give you suggestions of how to think and what to believe, but they are all but human themselves. I stand behind what I claim in Tours and Cures of a Lightsoldier; Surviving the Path to Enlightenment, but there is no guarantee that I will still believe all of it as it stands in a few years time, or that the answers that you might have found already yourself are not even closer to ultimate divine truths!

If your book was put in the holiday section of the store, what holiday would that be and why?

Is there a ‘coming home’ section too? I hope that Tours and Cures of a Lightsoldier; Surviving the Path to Enlightenment is more of a coming ‘home’, after having been on a bit of a stressful and tumultuous journey.

Would you consider turning your book into a series or has that already been done?

I keep on blogging about spiritual matters under www.alexander-king.com. As of yet I have no plans of writing another book, but who knows, at some point my blogs might have accumulated enough new material for another opus?

What’s next for you?

For now I am happy to just do plenty of PR for Tours and Cures of a Lightsoldier; Surviving the Path to Enlightenment. Once the book has gained a bit more traction I’ll look into doing physical book signings and or organize life seminars about different spiritual topics. In the more near future I am planning on creating a YouTube channel with guided meditations, spiritual self-help tools, and perhaps reading a few extracts from the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment