Thursday, May 26, 2016

Interview with Charlotte, star of Girls' Weekend by Cara Sue Achterberg



 

Inside the Book:

Girls' Weekend

Title: Girls' Weekend 
Author: Cara Sue Achterberg 
Release Date: May 3, 2016 
Publisher: The Story Plant 
Genre: Women's Fiction 
Format: Ebook/Paperback

Dani, Meg, and Charlotte have bonded over babies, barbeques, and backyards, but when they escape for a girls' weekend away, they can't bring themselves to return to lives that don't seem to fit anymore.

Harried Dani can't explain why she feels so discontented until she meets a young gallery owner who inspires her to rediscover the art that once made her happy.

Dependable Meg faces up to a grief that threatens to swallow her whole and confronts a marriage built on expectations.

Flamboyant Charlotte, frustrated with her stagnated life and marriage, pursues a playboy Irish singer and beachside business opportunities.

All three of these women thought they would be different. None of them thought they'd be facing down forty and still wondering when life starts. What they do when they realize where they're headed is both inspiring and wildly entertaining.

GIRLS' WEEKEND is a fun, yet poignant romp through the universal search of who we are, why we love, and what makes us happy by an author who is quickly emerging as one of our most incisive storytellers.

    photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpgB&N

Thank you so for this interview, Charlotte.  Now that the book has been written, do you feel you were fairly portrayed or would you like to set anything straight with your readers?

It’s not like I’m the bad guy in my marriage. A woman like me can only handle being taken for granted and treated as the third wheel for so long. I tried very hard. But a relationship goes two ways. Both parties have to make the effort. The bottom line is that I wanted more from my life, from my husband – from our relationship. I suppose I didn’t appreciate what I had, but then, I don’t think many of us do.

What do you believe is your strongest trait?

I am a passionate person. I do not coast through this life.

Worst trait?

I suppose my worst trait is impatience. I want people/life/everything to move at a faster pace. Why should we wait around for anything?

Do you have a love interest in the book?

I do. Or at least I thought I did.

At what point of the book did you start getting nervous about the way it was going to turn out?

Things began to spin out of control after I got a glimpse of what I was sacrificing.

If you could trade places with one of the other characters in the book, which character would you really not want to be and why?

I would never want to be Meg. And it’s not because I think her husband is a bore. I just don’t know how she can put one foot in front of the other after losing a child. I know I’m not as brave as her. I could never have survived what she’s been through.

How do you feel about the ending of the book without giving too much away?

I’m still not sure. I have my hopeful moments, but there are some things that are hard to un-do.

What words of wisdom would you give your author if she decided to write another book with you in it?

I’d prefer a younger version of me. There’s just so many adventures I could take readers on. I miss that me and I’m certain if given another chance that book might have to be shelved in the erotica section.

Thank you for this interview.  Will we be seeing more of you in the future?


Hard to say. I believe the author is deeply involved with another woman.

Meet the Author:

Cara Sue
  Cara Sue Achterberg is a writer and blogger who lives in New Freedom, PA with her family and an embarrassing number of animals. Her first novel, I’m Not Her, was a national bestseller. Cara’s nonfiction book, Live Intentionally, is a guide to the organic life filled with ideas, recipes, and inspiration for living a more intentional life. Cara is a prolific blogger, occasional cowgirl, and busy mom whose essays and articles have been published in numerous anthologies, magazines, and websites. Links to her blogs, news about upcoming publications, and pictures of her foster dogs can be found at CaraWrites.com.  


No comments:

Post a Comment