Author: Gail Tolstoi-Miller
Are you Awkward? Uncertain? Even jittery at networking events?
Author Gail Tolstoi Miller, an award-winning entrepreneur and successful CEO, feels your pain. In fact, she spent years experiencing the same emotions when networking. An avowed introvert, Gail discovered a powerful and universal law of connecting, she calls Networking Karma. And when she embraced it, Gail put those anxious, apprehensive interactions behind her to become a career coach and owner of a networking event planning company.
Now, Tolstoi-Miller shares her secrets with you in her new book, Networking Karma.
If you are trying desperately to get past the constant inadequacy you feel every time you try to attend a networking event, this book is for you!
Networking Karma is a mindful approach to living that asks you to consider each chance meeting and budding relationship as an opportunity to inform, assist, advocate or connect others. “Embracing this spirit of selflessness,” Tolstoi-Miller says, “is the key to building a professional and personal fan base; one that will ultimately return your kindness in unknown and awesome ways. “
Networking Karma proves that life is not “all about me.” In fact, Tolstoi-Miller reveals that the most successful networkers are on a constant mission of “giving.”
Throughout this book, you will explore dozens of essential and specific Networking Karma to-do’s; powerful ideas you can implement immediately. Shared by some of today’s hottest thought leaders, speakers and business trailblazers, these proven tactics are absolutely essential to getting the edge you need to succeed in business and in life.
Written in a fast-paced, no-holds barred style and steeped in real-world situations, Networking Karma reveals:
- The negative beliefs that hold you back from networking success, and the 6 empowering steps to overcome them.
- Why Speed Networking is more fun and effective than absolutely any traditional networking method you’ve ever tried.
- 3 unique and foolproof strategies for breaking the ice at your next networking event.
- The 3 vital building blocks to your personal branding success.
- A surprising fashion “don’t” that may make you appear more successful to others.
- 10 ways your body language can work to your advantage
- The simple secret to creating a strong elevator pitch and the best place to test it out.
- How to turn passive listening into active listening, to attract important new contacts.
- Smart strategies for bringing stalled conversations to an end—without offending!
- 3 creative approaches to business card design that will launch countless conversations
- How to provide value, build awareness, nurture relationship and establish relevance through proper social media avenues
- The dramatic personal and professional benefits you can acquire through mentoring relationships.
- BONUS: The #1, can’t-fail networking approach to becoming the most visible and unforgettable person in the room. Hint: It’s all about Karma.
PLUS, exclusive guides, cheat sheets, checklists and secret resources, available only to Networking Karma readers.
Read Networking Karma and integrate its law and lessons into your life. No matter how introverted, shy, awkward or uncertain you are when it comes to networking, you’ll get past your sticking points and see your relationships--and dreams--take shape.
For More InformationMy Review
I love networking. This is the main reason I requested a copy of Gail Tolstoi-Miller's Networking Karma. I discovered networking years ago to help sell books. To me, networking is getting in good with people who have the same goals or interests in order to gain more whether it's profits for a business or whatever. So I was interested in hearing Ms. Miller's take on it.
She didn't let me down. I was very much in awe of her credentials and knew her to be an expert in her field. Did I learn a lot from this book? You bet! Ms. Miller explains in easy to understand language why networking is important for your business, finding a job, getting referrals and more. But she goes one step more. It's not just about networking; it's about the karma associated with it. This is what really had me intrigued and she didn't let me down by giving personal examples in her own life. I especially liked access to exclusive guides, cheat sheets, checklists and secret resources, available only to Networking Karma readers.
I give this book 5 book trees!