Thursday, January 21, 2016

Interview with Annie Miles, author of women's fiction MISLED





Annie Miles is the pseudonym for the real woman portrayed in Misled. In real life, she writes a mystery series and is the mother of two sons and the legal guardian of her mother, who gives her new material daily. Annie is a firm believer in the saying, “People are put into your life as either a blessing or a lesson.” You will find both in the characters of Misled. It is the lessons that fuel the book and the blessings that fuel Annie. She lives in the South where she enjoys reading, writing, baking, and photography. She welcomes correspondence, particularly from women who are suffering through trying times.

For More Information
About the Book:

 When Diana, a lonely housewife, falls for Daniel--her daughter Annie's teenage crush—she will stop at nothing to ensure he stays in her life. In Machiavellian style, Diana betrays her daughter, secretively designing, controlling, and planning Annie’s future. It isn’t until years later, when Annie discovers letters exchanged by her mother and Daniel, that she learns the truth and sees the manipulation and lies that led her to a doomed marriage.
  
Twenty years later, when Diana is diagnosed with dementia and Annie is forced to be her mother's caretaker, she must come to terms with her mother’s betrayal, her husband’s deceit, and her own desire for love and happiness, all the while managing to maintain her sanity and sense of humor. Based on a true story, this book will shock, entertain, and astound you.

For More Information

  • Mislead is available at Amazon.
  • Discuss this book at PUYB Virtual Book Club at Goodreads.

Thanks for this interview, Annie. Can we begin by having you tell us about yourself from a writer’s standpoint?
Thank you for having me here. As a writer, I wear two hats. Misled is published under a pen name, and in real life, I write and publish a series that is totally different from Misled.

When not writing, what do you like to do for relaxation and/or fun?

I love to spend time with my grown sons, and I love to bake. Those things are fun. For relaxation, I love to read, surf Pinterest, and watch Netflix marathons.

Do you have a day job? Or a night one?
I am blessed to be able to write full time.

Would you say it’s been a rocky road for you in regards to getting your book written and published or pretty much smooth sailing?  Can you tell us about your journey?
I decided to self-publish after I got tired of collecting rejection letters from publishers. 

Self-publishing Misled went incredibly smooth. It’s the promotion and marketing aspect that is rocky. It is so hard for an indie author to get the word out about an indie book. In a day where anyone can publish a book, self-pubbed works are looked at skeptically.

What is it about the women’s fiction genre that appeals more than any other genre you would choose to write?
This genre chose me. I had to write this book, and I think other people can benefit from it and be entertained by it.

If you had to summarize your book in one sentence, what would that be?
Misled is based on real life and tells of events that led me to make certain life choices and the consequences of those choices.

What makes your book stand out from the rest?
There is no other story like it in the world. If someone can find one, I’ll eat my hat. Misled is based on a real story, and as Mark Twain said, “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” There is a little fiction in this story, but I’ll bet readers would get it wrong if they were asked to point out fiction vs. true life.

If your book was put in the holiday section of the store, what holiday would that be and why?

Valentine’s Day because the book is about love and relationships.

Would you consider turning your book into a series or has that already been done?
No, it will have a sequel, but not a series.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
Everywhere! I’m constantly on the look out, and I write things down as I find them.

What’s next for you?

I’m working on the sequel to Misled, and in “real life” I’m always working on the series I write and publish under my real name.

Thank you so much for hosting me! I appreciate the opportunity to promote my work. Annie Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment