Monday, October 19, 2015

Character Interview: Petyr Crest from P.I. Alltraine's HEARTBOUND





We’re thrilled to have here today Petyr Crest from P.I. Alltraine’s Fantasy, Heartbound.  He is coming to us all the way from the great world of Empyrian.  It is a pleasure to have him with us today at The Literary Nook!

Thank you so much for this interview, Petyr.  Now that the book has been written, do you feel you were fairly portrayed or would you like to set anything straight with your readers?

I wished I could have hidden my fears and my cowardice, but I had been exposed for everything that I was. I had to hide my true identity from Scarlett because I was afraid she would not be able to accept me. I had to hide the extent of how I felt for Scarlett from my kind because I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to protect her from them.

What do you believe is your strongest trait

As an Astra, my mind had always been a strength. I used to think I knew everything–until I stumbled upon Scarlett. Then, I never seemed to stop stumbling.

Worst trait? 

I hold my hand up to my arrogance and my ignorance. These led me to believe I could never lose control, and I could never be capable of committing the Forbidden. I’ve also been called a rebel. The word is a reminder of how much I’ve changed. The sound of it stings. With it, I hear reckless, weak, traitor. 

Do you have a love interest in the book? 

Scarlett–how do I even begin to describe her? She has an innate strength within her. She is fearless: so feeble in her humanity, yet so strong. As someone who is used to being the bearer of knowledge, I will never be comfortable in being surrounded by emotions, gestures, thoughts process, and idiosyncrasies I do not understand. But Scarlett always makes me feel like I can learn, like I can eventually find my place in her world. More importantly, she makes me feel like I have the strength and the freedom to do so. 

At what point of the book did you start getting nervous about the way it was going to turn out?

When they found out about Scarlett and what I was willing to do to keep her, I knew what I would have to do. I was afraid Scarlett wouldn’t be safe from all the dangers being with me could bring into her world. I knew I would need to let her go before they could get to her–before she found out the truth about me, my real purpose in her world, the monster I could be. 

If you could trade places with one of the other characters in the book, which character would you really not want to be and why? 

Since the incident in the woods, I’d been haunted by the fear of ending up like Alex–broken, defeated, crumbling. I had to believe that I could never be weak enough to commit the Forbidden. I would never be like Alex. 

How do you feel about the ending of the book without giving too much away? 

I had to do what I thought was right. I was ready to fight for something that meant everything to me, even if it meant nothing to them. I was no longer afraid. 

What words of wisdom would you give your author if she decided to write more?

 Be patient with me. I know that it’s against all the odds for someone like me to ever experience the power, the immense happiness from the abstract notion the humans call love, and for a human, whom by nature embraced ignorance, to witness what I am and still look at me with affection is close to impossible. Yet, I still hope for it.  

Thank you for this interview.  Will we be seeing more of you in the future? 

My story has only just begun. 

--------------------------

P.I. Alltraine is an award winning poet and author. She has won several international poetry competitions, and her poems have been published in separate anthologies.
She teaches English Language and Literature in London. She earned her degree in BA English from Queen Mary University of London, a Post Graduate Certificate in Education and Master’s in Teaching at the UCL Institute of Education, University of London.
Before moving to London, she lived in the Philippines where she was ensconced in the rich culture encrusted with dark myths and enchanted tales. She draws inspiration from these in her writing. Although she has lived indifferent places and experienced different cultures, she always enjoyed the constancy of writing in her life. Her favourite authors include John Milton, Virginia Woolf and James Joyce.
Her latest book is the YA fantasy romance, Heartbound.
For More Information
About the Book:

Title: Heartbound
Author: P.I. Alltraine
Publisher: Soul Mate Publishing
Pages: 177
Genre: YA fantasy romance

Petyr has never found it necessary to consider the humans as anything more than distant, inferior beings–until now. They are the cause of the fatal disease that has plagued his realm, taking the lives of too many of his kind. As a future leader of a realm in peril, Petyr must find a way to resist and cure the affliction. He must enter the unfamiliar realm, appear to be an ordinary eighteen-year-old human, observe, and learn.

However, things don't exactly go according to plan. Instead of embarking single-mindedly on his sober mission, Petyr meets an 18-year-old girl who does things to his emotions that he can't quite fathom or control. Petyr is falling in love, and he almost forgets the gravity his choices have on his entire world. Despite the risk it poses to his life and hers, he wants to know her, and he wants her to know him–and his world.

For More Information

  • Heartbound is available at Amazon.
  • Watch the trailer at YouTube.
  • Discuss this book at PUYB Virtual Book Club at Goodreads.


No comments:

Post a Comment