Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Book Watch: Don't Hit Me! by Vanessa de Largie




Title: Don’t Hit Me!
Author: Vanessa de Largie
Publisher: Booktrope
Pages: 88
Genre: Nonfiction/Memoir/Poetry/Journey
Format: Paperback/Kindle

#1 Amazon Bestseller 
# Winner of the 2014 Global eBook Award Bronze (women’s studies) 
# Winner of the 2014 Honourable Mention Award London Book Festival (memoir) 
# Five-Star Review Midwest Book Review 
# Five-Star Review San Francisco Book Review 
# Five-Star Review #1 Amazon Hall of Fame Reviewer –
UK 
# 3 out of 4 stars Official Online Bookclub 

Australian actress and author Vanessa de Largie is a survivor of domestic violence. 
Don’t Hit Me is the true diarised account of her time living with an abusive man. The story is conveyed through poems, journal entries and fragments of lyrical prose. The book is a snapshot of domestic violence in real time. Raw, poignant and brave – it’s a tale that will stay with you.

For More Information



Book Excerpt:

I speak for female victims of domestic violence. We build forts around ourselves by protecting the individuals who abuse us. I can run away, I can escape. I can report an incident to the police. My own damn fear keeps me nailed in this box.

I want to connect with other women. Can you hear me girls? I am calling your name. Let’s bring out our hammers and set ourselves free.

I can see broken boxes littering the world. 
Women dancing free, uninhibited…without fear.

My name is Vanessa de Largie and this is my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment