Friday, November 28, 2014

Character Interview: Amanda Spencer-Gunn from The Oath of Nimrod by David S. Brody


Thank you so much for this interview, Amanda Spencer-Gunn.  Now that the book has been written, do you feel you were fairly portrayed or would you like to set anything straight with your readers?

Yes, I feel I was fairly portrayed. I had argued all along that the legends of ancient giants roaming North America were true, and I was proven correct.

What do you believe is your strongest trait?

My intelligence is my strongest trait. Also, being a Brit, I am much more open-minded to the idea of early explorers coming to America long before Columbus. You Americans seem all too caught up in the whole, “In fourteen hundred and ninety-two, Columbus sailed the ocean blue.” So what? He was centuries late to the party.

Worst trait?

I had a tough childhood, so I have a bit of a tough time trusting others and forming solid relationships. That is one of the reasons why my relationship with Cameron is so special to me—because we have been through so much together, I trust him completely.

Do you have a love interest in the book?

I am engaged to Cameron Thorne. In addition to the trust issue I mentioned above, I am attracted to both his individualism and his intellect—he is always questioning things, hoping better to understand the mysteries of the world we live in.

At what point of the book did you start getting nervous about the way it was going to turn out? 

When the CIA abducted Cameron, I was bloody terrified. I knew they were going to interrogate him, and I knew their methodology extends well beyond, “Please tell us the truth.”

If you could trade places with one of the other characters in the book, which character would you really not want to be and why? 

There is a character in the book who is a blogger, whose job it is to debunk researchers who are looking into the hidden history of North America. How horrible, to be so close-minded! Not to say that every fringe history claim is to be believed, but how can anyone assume up front that every claim is wrong?

How do you feel about the ending of the book without giving too much away? 

I loved it. There were some great twists that none of us saw coming, and it really tied up nicely at the end. [If I may just add another comment: The author is a bloody genius. And he happens to be charming, handsome and a witty raconteur!]

What words of wisdom would you give your author if he decided to write another book with you in it?

I like that he made me smart and athletic. And I like that Cam considers me his intellectual equal. But I think it is very important that Cam and I visit Rosslyn Chapel—next book I hope we get to.

Thank you for this interview.  Will we be seeing more of you in the future? 

The author is currently working on the fifth book in this series. There are still many secrets of American history for us to reveal!


For More Information
David S. Brody is a Boston Globe bestselling fiction writer named Boston's "Best Local Author" by the Boston Phoenix newspaper. A graduate of Tufts University and Georgetown Law School, he is a former Director of the New England Antiquities Research Association (NEARA) and is an avid researcher in the subject of pre-Columbian exploration of America. He has appeared as a guest expert on documentaries airing on History Channel, Travel Channel, PBS and Discovery Channel.
Contact David.


Title: The Oath of Nimrod
Author: David S. Brody
Publisher: Eyes That See
Pages: 283
Genre: Historical Suspense
Format: Paperback/Ebook

 A mysterious race of North American giants. An ancient Hebrew inscription in a Cherokee burial mound. A blood oath made by blindfolded Freemasons. Are these three historical oddities the reason the CIA is trying to brainwash historian Cameron Thorne and his fiancée Amanda Spencer-Gunn? The answer lies buried in the legends of the Knights Templar, within the rituals of the secretive Freemasons and, most significantly of all, inside the bowels of the Smithsonian Institution. The problem for Cam and Amanda? If they go rummaging around the Smithsonian, they may find themselves buried alongside the ancient giants.

For More Information

  • Oath of Nimrod is available at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment