Monday, October 13, 2014

Book Review: Horribly Good Halloween Recipes with Coffee by Billy Taylor

Title: Horribly Good Halloween Recipes with Coffee
Author: Billy Taylor
Genre: Cooking
Publisher: Billy Taylor
Pages: 49

Book Blurb:

'Horribly Good Halloween Recipes with Coffee' is a really fun book that combines many of the traditional holiday recipes with the author's love of coffee, bringing an entirely unique twist to your Halloween Party.

Review:

When I first saw this book, I thought it was recipes that compliment that cup of coffee and didn't realize these recipes had coffee right in them (no fault of the author - my bad) but I was pleasantly surprised at what I found once I started reading it.  I got this for free on Amazon (hurry before the free offer expires) and I thought it would be a great addition to my holiday cooking starting with Halloween.  I was not disappointed.

For one thing, I learned that if you're going to use eggs say in a cake mix, etc, it's best to use them at room temperature.  How I got through this far in life without knowing that?  They whisk much better and provide more volume. 

All these recipes are fairly easy to make and sound oh so yummy!  If you like things spicy, Pumpkin Seeds From Hell sounds scrumptious.

It's interesting what you can do with coffee even at Halloween; be sure to pick up your copy of Horribly Good Halloween Recipes while it's still free.  If it's not, it's worth the small investment.  Happy Halloween and happy cooking!

My Rating: 4 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment