Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Interview with Michelle Beber, author of Angels, Angels, Everywhere



Michelle Beber has certifications as an Angel Intuitive and Angel Oracle Card Reader from renowned "angel lady," Doreen Virtue, as well as certifications as a Spiritual Teacher and Archangel Life Coach from Doreen's son, Charles Virtue.

In 2008, Michelle's life changed when she attended a spiritual retreat and learned about angels and how they communicate through repetitive number sequences known as "angel numbers." Little did she know that this insight would lead her on an amazing spiritual journey that would directly connect her with angels and result in the discovery of her life purpose.

Always grateful for the spiritual guidance she has received, Michelle looks forward to sharing the knowledge she has gained to inspire others, especially children. Michelle is a member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI).

Her latest book is the juvenile fiction/children’s picture book, Angels, Angels, Everywhere.

For More Information
About the Book:

Angels, Angels, Everywhere is a non-denominational, multiracial book written in delightful rhythm and rhyme and accompanied by charming illustrations.  The themes of constant support and unconditional love are designed to help children deal with everyday experiences in life.

By developing children’s faith in knowing that they are not alone and building their trust that they are consistently watched over, cared for, and loved, children will become empowered to deal with life’s challenges.  The book also lets children know that angels are there in good times as well, sharing in their joy.

For More Information


Thanks for this interview, Michelle.  Can we begin by having you tell us about yourself from a writer’s standpoint?

I believe each of us comes into this world with innate talents that are meant to be used to make the world a better place.  Some of us realize those talents earlier in life, and others, like me, find our purpose later in life.  Your purpose is always found in your passion, and I’ve always loved to write.

I enjoyed creative writing as a child and wrote poetry as a teen, but I didn’t have a career plan to be an author or journalist.  When I got to college, I chose Radio-TV-Film as my major with a desire to work in television production, but I also took many journalism classes and absolutely loved it!  That led to an internship in the NBC-TV Press and Publicity Department which included writing press releases.

I had hoped to find a job in publicity, but since those jobs were hard to come by, I ended up working in the business and legal area of the entertainment industry.  Ironically, that knowledge has proven invaluable as I have moved into my career as an author.  I believe everyone learns what they need to know as they work toward their particular life purpose.

I can’t think of anything that brings me more joy than writing.  There’s nothing like having the freedom to create whatever you want with nothing but words.  Writing books is a wonderful way to make a difference in the world, and I’m grateful to have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children.

When not writing, what do you like to do for relaxation?

Actually, writing relaxes me!  LOL  I also enjoy meditating outdoors, watching reality shows, and visiting social media sites.

Do you have a day job? Or a night one?

I have a day job working in the corporate area of the entertainment industry.

Would you say it’s been a rocky road for you in regards to getting your book written and published or pretty much smooth sailing?  Can you tell us about your journey?

It’s funny how things come together in synchronicity when you do exactly what your soul is meant to do.  A few years ago, I tried to put a different book into the marketplace, and the universe blocked me from completing that book because it wasn’t ready, and it wasn’t the book I was meant to publish first. 

When I received the words for Angels, Angels, Everywhere, I knew the poetry was supposed to be in my debut book.   Not only did the words come to me more easily than any other manuscript I’d done, but also when I decided to move forward with it, everything easily fell into place.  I found the perfect publisher who selected the perfect illustrator, and I had a beautiful book in my hands in only nine months!

Although my book is a picture book, it’s also a “self-help” book to assist children with their emotions in an entertaining way.  Because of this, I decided to work with Balboa Press, the self-publishing division of the largest self-help publisher in the world, Hay House Publishing.  It was important for me to align myself with a company that shared my spiritual and metaphysical philosophy.

Self-publishing allowed me to have control of how and when things were done, and I was able to have my book on the market much sooner than it might’ve taken to go through a traditional publishing house.

Self-publishing has been a very rewarding learning experience, and I’m grateful to have been able to achieve my dream of becoming a published author.

What is it about the children’s picture book genre that appeals more than any other genre you would choose to write?

Most of the words I receive are clearly meant to be children’s picture books, but I also have ideas for spiritual, self-help books for adults.  I’ve always loved being around children, so I’m very happy to make my debut in the picture book genre. 

If you had to summarize your book in one sentence, what would that be?

Angels, Angels, Everywhere is an award-winning, non-denominational, racially diverse children’s picture book that contains playful poetry from the angels and charming illustrations that will comfort and delight your child.

What makes your book stand out from the rest?

What makes my book unique is that the words were literally Divinely inspired!  I’m an “angel intuitive” which means that I’m able to communicate with the angelic realm.  I’m also what’s known as a “lightworker” who’s working with Archangel Michael to bring God’s healing love and light to the world, especially to children.  The poetry in my book was given to me by Archangel Michael, and I’m humbled to be able to bring these words of comfort and joy to children.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

My ideas come to me in the last place you would expect anything creative to happen -- while I’m sitting in my car stuck in traffic!  LOL  But then again, maybe it makes sense because that’s where I started to develop my connection with the angels as I became aware of “angel numbers” on license plates.  “Angel numbers” are repetitive number sequences that contain messages of guidance from God and the angels.

For instance, “444” means that angels are everywhere around you.  As I acknowledged the messages I received in the numbers and followed the guidance I was given, I occasionally heard sentences that would provide comfort or encouragement.  One day, I received the poetry that became the manuscript for Angels, Angels, Everywhere.  I was surprised and delighted to receive this amazing gift!

Apparently, when I’m stuck in traffic on my long commute, I’m a captive audience for the angels, and that’s when they like to “dictate” to me.  I’ve received two other manuscripts of angelic poetry while sitting in traffic, and I plan to turn those into books as well.  I’m so blessed to have strengthened my angelic connection to the point of creating books for children.  Everyone has intuitive abilities in varying degrees, and that sixth sense can be developed and strengthened if you chose to do so.   

Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?

Well, you know I’m going to suggest that you work with the angels for inspiration!  You have nothing to lose by asking the angels to help you with your creations.  Even if you don’t believe in angels, they will still help you.  Believing in them changed my life, and it can change yours too!

Also, try meditating outdoors.  I’ve found that when I quiet my mind, I can tune in to my intuitive guidance, and the creativity flows.  Work, work, work isn’t healthy and will frustrate you.  You have to take time away from writing to nurture your spirit so you can maintain balance.  In that balance, your imagination will blossom.

If you’re passionate about writing, it’s definitely what you were meant to do.  Always write from your heart, stay positive, have faith in your abilities, work hard, and have patience.  You can achieve great things when you believe in yourself!    

What’s next for you?

This year, I’ll be a guest on angel intuitive, Julie Bentley’s blog talk radio show, “Deva to the Divine,” and I’ll also be a guest on Hay House Radio’s “Bright New Voices:  The Balboa Press Hour.”

My other plans include readings, book signings, speaking, and working with charitable organizations.

To stay informed with what’s going on with me, please visit my website at www.michellebeber.com.  While you’re there, you can read my spiritually inspiring blog, “Heart of a Lightworker.”

No comments:

Post a Comment